7.09.2010

Perfect Contentment

This has been one crazy week. A new team of 5 girls arrived last sunday filling the house with plenty laughter and silliness which is always welcome.  I had a great week at the carepoints where we talked about how we are sheep and how great our shepherd is. We also attempted to play baseball with one of the carepoints, more like batting practice. There were also homevistits this week. Wednesday there was a world cup game. Netball world cup that is, Swaziland vs. USA. I am proud to say that the USA represented well! Wednesday night we watched Spain beat Germany with our ministry partners. Well done Spain! Women's time this week was a fellowship where we sat, told stories and had scones (which we helped bake in the ground) and soda. The women were so funny. At girls time it was an open floor for questions where we talked about life, love, lack of love, and dreams. In-between all of the activities there was a slew of great conversations with some wonderful Swazi friends. All in all it was an incredible week here in Swaziland. There has been much fun and the Lord has been working in so many ways that I realized I did not do a great job of processing this week, it kind of just happened.

At about 4:30 today I found myself sitting on the ground surrounded by some very familiar faces. It was coloring time with Colile, Phetsile, Solile, Sbhe. These are some of the coolest kids in the world. We sat and laughed while Sbhe took all the paper off of the crayon and then pretended it was her baby. Colile and I practiced her english and Solile sassed all of us in Siswati! As I sat there with Sbhe's 10 or so month old sister falling asleep on my lap, I was completely content. I realized that even though my week seemed way too fast the Lord was in control of it all and at the end he placed me right were I belong. Sitting with some of my favorite people in the world, coloring Toy Story worksheets so happy to just be.


"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."


2 Corinthians 4:18

2 comments:

  1. Forgive me cause I just now started reading this, but I'm all caught up now and have been immensely blessed by it! Thank you for writing Mary Grace, I pray that the Holy Spirit will continue to work through you and through those around you and that you'd continue to lift each other up. Peace out MG. ~ Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your adventures! - It has been such a blessing to me!!!!! I am amazed at all the Lord is doing in and through you. What a joy to read about His work and His people. Thank you sharing! --- your ministry is so special. I can't wait to see pictures when you come home. I am praying for you! Much love to you - Barbara Miller

    ReplyDelete