9.25.2012

"Oh, Just Living the Dream"

It has been over two years since I have had the opportunity to return to Swaziland. In that time the Lord has taken me through Graduate School and through a very challenging year as an investigator for child protective services in Kentucky. During that year as an investigator it was a office joke that whenever someone asked "How are you?" we would reply "Oh, just living the dream!" It was apparent to everyone that we were lying because on most days our work had few resemblances of anyones dreams. But this constant banter often caused me to reflect on what the "dream" really is. What is my dream, what is God's dream for me?

I came to the point when I realized that the Lord has released me in areas that I have yet to release myself. Though the last year my desire to serve the Lord in a Christian organization and to serve those in Africa only increased. In the past 6 months the Lord quickly moved me to a position of releasing myself to follow the desire I am confident that is God given.  I had allowed myself to believe so many reasons why I should not seek to be in Africa now. I watched the Lord close doors in my life and at a pivotal moment clearly showed me that NOW is the time.

So I will be in Africa for the next 4 months. I leave in the morning and will be attending the Harvest School with Iris Ministries in Mozambique. There I will be learning, studying and seeking what the Lord has for me and how I can better love and serve him. I am thrilled to have concentrated time seeking the Lords will for my life as well as seeing the workings of a large organization that is making a huge impact for the Kingdom of God. After Harvest School I will return to Swaziland to spend a few weeks reuniting with dear friends and getting a better understanding of how that ministry has evolved in the past 2 years. I will be updating this Blog weekly (hopefully) during this journey and would greatly appreciate your prayers. Prayers for safe travel, for unity in the school, wisdom to hear and courage to follow.


Chasing the Dream,

Mary Grace Rumford


mgrumford@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment