7.31.2013

There Are Other Sheep....They Will Recognize My Voice


"You need to know that I have other sheep in addition to those in this pen. I need to gather and bring them too. They'll also recognize my voice. Then, it will be one flock, one Shepherd. "
-John 10:15, MSG


 Africa. For years Africa has been pulling at my heart. I remember years before my first trip being so touched with love for the African people that I knew it was a love that did not come from me, but someone with a much larger love then I was capable of. Over the last 7 years I have loved being able to serve, love and live life with the beautiful people of Uganda, Swaziland, South Africa and Mozambique.  Yet, I never knew my heart could get even bigger.

      After 4 months in Mozambique really seeking what God has for me and where He wants me to be, I knew I was not just made for Africa but for the Nations. The Nations, wow, talk about overwhelming.  Yet at the same time it was freeing. He has a plan and a place for me I just have to continue to say "yes." In the weeks following my time in Mozambique, Cambodia became the next nation. The Lord made it clear in so many ways that Cambodia is the next step for me. 

       I have been in a season of waiting, preparing while also knowing that this is the perfect place for me at this time. My main anticipation as I look toward building a life in Cambodia is knowing that my heart is about the be broken and expanded for these people. Where there is great pain there is potential for incredible love. I am joining the Iris Cambodia base to work with particularly with boys who have been victims of sexual exploration/abuse/trafficking. I am ready to love these boys, watch them fall in love with Jesus and receive healing, hope and a future. Isn't that what we have been given. The invitation to fall in love with Jesus which always brings healing, hope and a future. Praise the Lord that I can share such an amazing and powerful gift. 

      Please pray for this transition to Cambodia. For grace as my heart is broken for the Cambodian people. And for the relationshipswith these sweet boys to be based on trust, grace and mercy. If you would like for me to send you and email every time I post a new blog please comment below with your email address or email me directly at mgrumford@gmail.com. 

     Special thanks to the incredible ministry of Every Tribe who keep my financially accountable and facilitate those logistic here in America while I am away. They are an amazing blessing to me. Any support of my ministry in Cambodia can be mailed to the addresses below. 

Every Tribe
2002 Katach Ct
Spring Hill, Tn. 37174

*All checks should be made out to Every Tribe marked for the ministry of Mary Grace Rumford. 

No comments:

Post a Comment