9.18.2014

Lessons Learned


In Sihanoukville we are sitting on and pressing into so many promises. Some for our personal lives and many for Iris Cambodia. Our Dream Centre is almost so close I can touch it. We already know some of these boys and we are already seeing changes in them through this season of building relationships and laying foundations. We are still seeing fruit as we prepare for what has been promised to us. Many other dreams lie ahead ministries, churches, outreaches and businesses. This season has been both comfortable at times and excruciating at times.

As I have sitting in this season of foundations, both personally and organizationally, a very familiar and loving voice comes to me often. Though God is speaking consistently and growing me in this time, the voice He speaks through is sometimes that of my earthly father, my Daddy.

When I was in elementary school my father, who was the president of a children's home, had run out of room. He had no room to grow. He had promises, he had vision and he had the call he had said yes to. But in the physical he was out of space. I remember driving with him, looking out the window and asking him what he would do if he had land like that or buildings like that. He would share with me his dreams and promises. I saw and felt the ache in his heart for more, to fulfill his call and to see his promises come to reality. 

Almost 20 years later, I can relate. Just like my Daddy there is a great need, a great promise and a “yes” in my heart to everything God wants to do. My Daddy always encouraged me to “pay my dues” not to rush to the top, but to spend the time to learn from the bottom up. I believe that years down the road I will look back to this season of “waiting” and see the incredible fruit that was birthed from it. I am learning, we are learning and God is creating a foundation that can withstand the huge dreams He has for this country and more importantly His Kingdom. 

So I guess you should know that my Daddy’s promises came, and they came like a flood. Through faith, love and prayer, his territory was expanded with four more location, numerous buildings, programs and government favor. I watched as his dreams and promises became reality and with an incredible foundation are able stand. 


My prayer for Sihanoukville is that we will be faithful to every promise we carry for this place. That this season of “waiting” will be that of incredible growth, maturity, dreaming and laying a foundation of love that can not be shaken. We have a God who does not know how to wast anything. Thank you for joining us in this season and for contenting for these promises.  It is a truly significant time and we have no option but to be unshakeable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment