11.03.2012

24 HOURS WITH 2/3 OF THE WORLD

Last night was one that I will never forget. I spent the night with a Mama from our church here in her hut in the village as part of the village immersion program. It started in the rain as we followed her to her home deep into the large village behind our base. She wove me and 2 other girls through the village and the mud for about 20min till we came to her home. Once we got there she proceeded to take our filthy caked on muddy shoes and in the rain washed them and then washed our feet before placing our shoes back on. In the states we would do this to keep dirt from getting into our home. Here it was an act of honor to her guest whom she then welcomed into her mud hut with a dirt floor. I will write more about this experience later as I just got home from the village a few hours ago and am still sifting through the 24 hour experience of living like 2/3 of the world. Thats right 2/3 of the world lives like I did last night. I was so blessed by my Mozambican Mama who did I mention is physically handicapped. She took care of us, fed us, guided us on several trips through the muddy village all with a wooden crutch. She is full of such joy and strength. Even raised in  the hospitable south this girl still has so much to learn about loving and serving others.

I would greatly appreciate prayer for this coming weekend Nov 8-10 as I will be with my ministry team in the Bush hours and hours from base. We will be visiting villages who are very remote and for many it will be the first time they have herd the name Jesus....It is such a blessing and privilege to be the feet that being the good news! No water, 10 hour drives in the bed of a truck, little sleep....it is becoming more and more a joy as I am discover how Good our God really is! HE IS SO WORTH IT ALL AND MORE!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing adventure. We will be praying for all on hand this weekend. Sorry missed your call. We love you. Seth

    ReplyDelete