10.10.2013

Where My Trust Is Without Boarders

     First, I want to share that I am officially apart of the long-term team here and returning to Cambodia in January (after I come home for the holidays). So basically I am here until God says otherwise. Deep breath, I am a full time missionary. Whew I said it and it felt pretty darn good! Lots more details on that end to come in the future. It feels amazing to be able to think, work and minister with the long-term goals in mind.

Here are some pictures from my time in Phnom Penh last week:

                                                                        Royal Palace

                    Flooding throughout the city... please pray for those whose homes are still flooded


     I spent this last week in Phnom Penh. I was able to have quality time with our team members there, meet with community partners, rest as the country shut down for 3 days for a major holiday and experience major flooding first hand. I was able to see an incredible program which will act as the launching pad for our own center here in Sihanoukville. Needless to say I returned to Sihanoukville last night excited. Excited for my future, Iris' future and Cambodia's future. I have the honor of serving here at the beginning of what God is doing in Cambodia through His team and His vision. One of the most exciting events of the week was coming back into town yesterday when it truly felt like I am coming HOME. I know I have only been here for  a handful of weeks but by the grace of God this feels like home.

     As much as I love watching God perform physical miracles, I am reminded today of the miracles he is working in me. How he is molding my heart, my mind and making me more like Him. Rolland Baker was quick to remind us at Harvest School that the biggest miracle of all is that we can be saved. SALVATION. The most powerful sign of God's power and might is that He can make us right with Him. He makes something out of nothing. In his wisdom and power He not leave us like we are, saved. He wants to change us, transform us, make us like him.

     Even in these short weeks I have watched Him changing me and transforming me. Its not always so comfortable but luckily I know the great Comforter. It is not always so pretty but I am blessed with a team of people who are full of grace and love for what God is doing in me. And of course it does not always make sense to me. But I have a God that transcends my tiny mind. Oh what a small god he would be if he could fit neatly into my understanding. I would not want to give it all to a god that small.

     So I wanted to share a song that many of you know. This has been a close friend over the weeks and is often my prayer:


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters

Wherever you would call me.

Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my saviour.






No comments:

Post a Comment